Do you wonder if AC tune-ups are actually worth it? Think of it as being the same as getting the oil changed in your car – AC maintenance is needed on a regular basis. Air conditioning tune-ups are absolutely worth it if you want to make sure your HVAC unit doesn’t end up costing you even more money over time.
What Is an AC Tune-Up?
Maintenance is the key to a reliable cooling system. You probably don’t use your air conditioner at all during the cooler months of the year. Eventually, temperatures in the Minneapolis area start to rise, and your system is thrust into overtime. Constant use after so much rest can cause unexpected breakdowns.
At Adam’s Healthy Home, our regular AC tune-up services include:
- Checking the blower motor
- Inspecting the condenser coil
- Checking the evaporator coil
- Ensuring proper amperage and voltage
- Watching airflow
- Lubricating the motor
- Tightening any loose electrical connections
- Inspecting refrigerant levels
- Reprogramming the thermostat for proper operation
- Looking at capacitors
- Labeling and testing all emergency shutoffs
- Running an AC cycle to inspect operation
- Checking controls and safety devices
- Checking the condensate drain
- Looking for leaks in the ductwork
- Running the humidifier or dehumidifier
Why Get an AC Tune-Up?
You may believe that scheduling an AC tune-up is a hassle or a waste of money, but a simple AC maintenance visit could actually end up saving you a lot of time and money.
- Better energy efficiency
- Longer life span
- Emergency breakdown prevention
- Better air quality