Is your furnace acting up? Whether it’s completely failing to start or just underperforming, it’s important to resolve any problems you notice in your furnace as soon as possible. Left unattended, a small problem with one part of your furnace can quickly lead to bigger problems with more parts.
If you need furnace repair services in Minneapolis, don’t delay! The longer you wait, the more expensive repairs can become. Contact Adam’s Healthy Home online or by phone at (612) 500-4663(612) 500-4663 today to schedule an appointment or find out more!
Signs You Need Furnace Repair
Not sure if you need professional help just yet? Here are a few reasons you might call in the experts:
- It won’t turn on. You’re going to need some help.
- Pilot light won’t stay lit. A pilot light that won’t stay lit can be a bad sign.
- Strange noises or smells. If your furnace makes unusual noises or releases unusual smells, it probably needs attention.
- Low or no heat. If your furnace isn’t heating your home adequately, it’s obviously time to call help.
- Constant blowing. Blower never seems to stop? This could be a lot of things.
- Blower isn’t blowing. Blower motors going out are one of the top problems with furnaces, and will need professional repairs.
- Unusually high bills. Even if you haven’t noticed anything wrong with your furnace per se, big bills out of nowhere might be a sign.
Common Causes of Furnace Problems
Wondering why your furnace might need repairs? There are countless reasons, but the ones we see the most involve these causes:
- Motor failure. If your blower isn’t blowing, heat can’t go anywhere.
- Clogs. If your blower is blowing, but the air can’t go anywhere, neither can the heat.
- Thermostat malfunctions. Sometimes your furnace is fine…but the thermostat telling it what to do isn’t.
- Electrical problems. Where you have electrical components, you have a risk of electrical problems.
- Ignition problems. Pilot lights and igniters are both common sources of furnace woes.
- Leaks. If the hot air your furnace pushes escapes before it gets where it belongs, you’ll have a mostly cold home.
- Age/other mechanical failures. Sometimes a random part just wears down or fails due to defect or age.
Furnace Troubleshooting Tips
Before you jump straight to panicking, make sure you follow these three basic furnace troubleshooting tips.
- Check the pilot. If you have a pilot, light it.
- Check breakers and fuses. If a breaker flipped or a fuse melted, remedying that can fix your furnace—but you’ll want to figure out why it happened.
- Check for obvious blockage. Clogged air filters preventing air intake or blockage in your vents can be easily fixed in most cases.
Choose Adam’s Healthy Home for Furnace Repair
Thinking you’ll need furnace repair? If you need service in Minneapolis or one of its neighbors, choose Adam’s Healthy Home for superior service from experienced technicians. We’ve been servicing Minnesota homes for nearly 50 years.
Call us at (612) 500-4663(612) 500-4663, or reach out to us online via our contact form for a follow-up. Adam’s Healthy Home looks forward to repairing your furnace in Minneapolis and neighboring areas!
Frequently Asked Questions
How long will it take to repair my furnace?
In many cases, we can have your furnace back up and running in a single short visit; more complex cases may take longer. We offer 24/7 emergency repair services.
Do I need to replace my furnace or repair it?
If this is your first repair and your system isn’t old, repair makes more sense. If you’ve had multiple problems, the problem is very big, your system is older, or you want newer features and efficiency, ask us about upgrades.
How can I avoid furnace repairs in the future?
Regular home maintenance and occasional professional maintenance will greatly extend the life of your furnace and any other HVAC systems in your home.